Thursday, February 13, 2014

Status Update

Okay, I have finished this set of revisions on THE SENTIENT. I am pretty happy with how it has turned out. It is just over 60,000 words now. If I decide to go the traditional publishing route, a book for adult readers really should be more like 80,000 words. The other option would be to self-publish, which allows more leeway. I am going to set this one aside for a while. When I come back to it I can view it again through fresh eyes, and get a more objective picture of what it is I've got. Then I can decide if there is more I want to add, how else I might want to tweak it. In the meantime, I have it out to two more beta readers who can give me their input.

Many thanks, again, to M. R. Pritchard for her helpful suggestions from another writer's perspective! And for showing me some of the ropes behind the publishing industry.

So what will I do while THE SENTIENT is "ripening"? I don't want to write any more of THE PROPHECY just yet, because any other changes and additions I might decide to make to THE SENTIENT could potentially affect the second part of the story. So that project is on hold for now.

Instead, I have started a new, unrelated book. I have only just begun writing it, but I am super excited! For the time being I have given it the working title of REFLECTIONS OF TREACHERY. Not sure if that will stick or not, but I mainly just wanted to have something to write up in the tab for its blog page :)

For right now it's more hurry up and wait, but I do hope to have real, solid results soon, so that I can actually share these books with people instead of just telling you all about them! Eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment