Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Can you feel the love tonight?

How do you feel about romance in your books?

Different genres of course tend to have differing amounts of romance. How much do you prefer to have in the books you read? Do you like it to be a central part of the story? Is a little love accompanying the main theme acceptable? Or is even an inkling of infatuation unwelcome?

When it comes to genre fiction, I like my romance. It does not have to be the focus of the story, but I definitely prefer it to be one of the major components. There can be perfectly good sci-fi and fantasy stories without a little love, but I do admit to being a bit disappointed if there isn't some romance in there somewhere. As a parallel to the main plot, it helps spice the story up for me.

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment