Saturday, December 28, 2013

On the other hand...

So in my last post I mentioned the possibility of printing out my entire manuscript to go over it on the printed page, so that I might notice more things I want to tweak.

Or, as an alternative, I could just try to brush up on modern technology...

I have never had a smart phone, and only recently became a proud owner of an iPad. Suffice it to say, I am still learning the ropes. Gradually.

Somewhere along the line I stopped being able to effortlessly pick up new things in the world of technology and the internet. It happened sometime after Facebook. When Twitter became big, I didn't "get it" - why bother with that, when we already had something that worked? I'm not much for texting, either.

But now I have learned that I can read my manuscript as a PDF on my iPad, which makes it more like reading a book and allows me to pick up on those things that for some reason are easy to miss on the computer screen in a Word document. So it looks like I won't have to waste the printer ink after all. Yay for that.

In other news, I have been asked to go over M. R. Pritchard's manuscript for SPARROW MAN as a beta reader. I am looking forward to reading through it! (Perhaps even moreso since it contains mature content for 17+, oo la la!)

Check out SPARROW MAN on her blog at http://secretlifeofatownie.blogspot.com/p/sparrow-man.html

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear what you think of Sparrow Man. You're only the 3rd person to read the manuscript.

    ReplyDelete