Saturday, December 14, 2013

Slowly but surely

When I first entered the title for this post, I accidentally wrote "Slowly but direly." Hopefully not a prophetic mistype!

I'm still making progress on THE PROPHECY. I have the first four chapters out to my beta reader. (I wonder if she knows/cares that I refer to her as mine?)

I printed out the chapters to give to her to read, since there weren't too many. I went over the pages myself and realized that I notice a lot more that way, little things I want to change. A word choice here and there, a character's voice. I pick up a lot more on the printed page than I do on the computer screen.

So should I print out all of THE SENTIENT and go over it all again that way? I really think I'd like to. Although when I do, I'll be screaming on the inside about the cost of ink...

No comments:

Post a Comment